Pages

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Stand with Me

Hiya, folks. I need your help.

You see, there's this little movie. And it's amazing. I want every single person I know on this planet to see it.

Here's the trailer:



#standwithme The Official Trailer. from stillmotion on Vimeo.

Awesome, right?

Did you know there are 30 million people held in the bondage of slavery today? THIRTY MILLION precious, beautiful people. Moms, Dads, Brothers, Sisters, CHILDREN who are slaves. Held in slavery. Right now. This very moment children are being forced to do hard labor all day long. Tears upon tears.

And this movie is the true story of an amazing nine year-old, Vivienne, who learns about all the children in slavery and wants to do something about it. It follows her as she opens her lemonade stand for 365 days in a row to raise enough money to free 500 slaves by donating to organizations that fight child slavery.  It follows the story of the slaves who have been set free, the ones who are still in bondage and it explains how we can use the power of our purchases to not only set them free, but allow for people to be gainfully employed!

All the stuff I've been trying to tell people about purchasing fair trade or responsibly and ethically-sourced products is right here in this beautiful, inspiring, heartbreaking movie.

Stand with Me is powerful. It will change the hearts of those who see it and the changes they make will change the lives of those who are currently enslaved. How incredible is that? How can you not want to be a part of something that amazing?

Two of my dear friends and I decided we wanted everyone we know to see the movie, so we started a Tugg event. I have a movie theater in Greensboro that will show the movie if we pre-sell enough tickets to offset the cost-risk for the theater! Right now, we need to sell 29 more tickets by Monday, April 14th in order to show the movie.

So here's how you can help! I only have one more week to make this happen!
Are you local? Come see the movie on April 21st at 6:30 pm!!! Buy your tickets online and buy an extra one and bring a friend. You will be so glad you did, trust me!
http://www.tugg.com/events/8548

Are you local but busy on Monday, April 21st? But maybe you care about slavery and want to help make an impact to end it.  Buy a ticket and give it to a friend. That's an $11 donation towards making sure this movie happens! Or buy two tickets so two friends can go together and donate $22.  If we don't sell enough tickets, we miss our chance to be a part of this! Or email me (ykljATtriadDOTrrDOTcom) and let me know and I'll try to find someone to give your ticket to.
http://www.tugg.com/events/8548

Are you not local but you get it about how important it is to buy fair-trade or ethically/responsibly-sourced products? You care about ending slavery and want to help spread the message!  You can donate $11 (buy one ticket) to this showing! Be a part of helping us bring this movie to Greensboro! And if you really want to see the movie, please send me an email - I will figure out a way for you to see it!
http://www.tugg.com/events/8548

AND I will have an extra digital copy of the movie in the weeks that follow the screening. I'll enter every email address attached to a ticket purchase into a drawing to WIN your own copy of the movie!! Yay!

**want to host a screening like this in your city? Send me an email and I'll walk you through the Tugg process. The folks at StillMotion (the producers of Stand with Me) are amazingly supportive and will help you, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. All comments are moderated (because I won't post it if you aren't kind), so it may take a little while for your comment to appear.