Pages

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Little Black Dress Week

Sorry for the delay on a Dress for Change update... my sister-in-law and her family came to stay with us for a week! Which means we had seven kids in our house for awhile! It was tons of fun and tons of craziness... :)
We love us some Demon Deacons!
Elephant Tracking at the zoo
Cutest kids ever, right?

So anyway, I did it! I wore the same little black dress for seven days! And even sort of halfway managed to look slightly different every day! And while I'm not certain how many dresses will be sent to Little Dresses for Africa for girls who really don't have enough to wear, I was really excited to get to participate in something like this!

So... here's how I started out:

Day One: Okay, so I spent most of the first day in my pj's because I was doing a StreetWatch work day, organizing our storage facility. But once I got home and showered, this is what I wore!
Day One

Day Two: It was spring break but we had two birthday parties this week so I had the chance to see my sweet friend Shannon, who was doing it with me!

Day Two

Day Three: The second birthday party! We look so different, don't we? I can't begin to tell y'all how wonderful it was to have a friend doing it with me! I have another friend in Texas who was doing it too so it was nice to see her picture updates every day, too!
Day Three!
 Rockin' Dress for Change at Chuck E Cheese. Awesome.

Day Four: It stayed pretty chilly during our spring break week so I just added a long-sleeve shirt and a scarf that my mother-in-law gave me from Connected in Hope

Day Four
Day Five: So I'm kinda proud of myself about this one: I altered an old pair of jeans to make skinny jeans!
Day Five

Day Six: I was at the beach for my college roommate's bachelorette weekend! So I didn't get a good color picture, but I was glad I could get the dress to work for me to go out to dinner with these beautiful ladies.
Day Six

Day Seven: LAST DAY! All I had to do that day was drive home from the beach and then chill with my fam, so I didn't worry too much about it. My lovely friend Kerri was nice enough to take the picture with me, since I hate being in photos by myself! 

It really was a great experience... and I've played around some on the official Little Black Dress project page. I'm thinking this fall I might try to organize a month-long fundraiser. So.... friends, be thinking about if you want to join me in wearing the same little black dress for a MONTH this fall! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. All comments are moderated (because I won't post it if you aren't kind), so it may take a little while for your comment to appear.