Pages

Friday, September 14, 2012

SEPTEMBER 14

Six years ago today, a tiny baby entered my life and rocked my world

How could something so tiny bring such a GIANT change to my life? Babies are funny that way. And as far as I can tell, it doesn't matter how many more you add after that, that first one changes EVERYTHING.
Thank you, sweet Riley, for being the boy to make me a mama. You are funny, smart, silly, and your imagination is beyond my wildest dreams. You are the best big brother your little sibs could ask for. Thank you for sharing your day with your little brother.


One year ago today, this bigger baby entered my life and rocked my world:

That's right. Somehow it just so happened that I walked out of the orphanage with Amani in my arms on Riley's birthday!!! And Riley didn't say a word about his mama not being there the day he turned five. He knew I was away working hard to bring home his baby brother.
Amani, you are my survivor, my toughest cookie. This year has probably been the hardest for you in your short life, and the best. You are silly, sweet, and the best little mimic I've ever met. Through all your tough times this year: leaving Ethiopia, two surgeries, finding your niche in our family, you find joy and a reason to smile every day.  You are amazing, my love, and we are so honored that we get to be yours!


And now, these three rock my world on a daily basis. And I wouldn't have it any other way.









2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. All comments are moderated (because I won't post it if you aren't kind), so it may take a little while for your comment to appear.