Pages

Friday, September 9, 2011

Embassy update

My friend heard from the Embassy yesterday. We were submitted on the same day and when we didn't hear anything yesterday I got so anxious I could barely stand it. I was a bundle of nerves all day yesterday. I even had weird dreams about the Embassy all night.

The first thing I did when I woke up this morning was check my email.  And my heart quickened when I saw an email with the title: add.doc.Cassell (embassy code for our case, I guess).

We heard from them! It wasn't clearance, but I knew we wouldn't be cleared. It appears that the Embassy is asking additional questions of pretty much everyone these days.

I'm trying to have a better attitude about the Embassy. I'm really kind of frustrated. I won't go into it here because I'd like to stay respectful.

Sooooo...
IF our agency can provide the answers for them by the end of next week and
IF the Embassy takes about a week and a half to respond and
IF they clear us at that point and
IF they have appointments available within the next week or so
...we're on track to be coming home the first week of October.

Hmmm... that's a lot of IFs.

I spent some time recently freaking out about how long I'll be gone. And then the other night at bedtime, Riley asked me "What if they never clear you to bring Amani home?"  And suddenly my perspective changed.  Here's the deal: they've never NOT cleared anyone. At least not to my knowledge. So it's not a matter of not being able to bring him home, it's just how many hoops we need to jump through before we're issued clearance.  I was able to tell him that there is almost no chance of that happening. And he's my prayer warrior - he's been praying every night that Mommy and Amanuel will come home soon.

In four days I leave to go get my son. And I'm really not coming home without him.  In the grand scheme of life, it doesn't really matter if I'm gone 2 weeks or 5.  Of course I'd rather it be 2 weeks, but our family is healthy enough to sustain a longer separation if that's what we have to do.

It's almost hard for me to believe it. It's been almost 2 years since we started this process. The other day I calculated how "far along" I am if this were a pregnancy... it was 90-something weeks! Sheesh.

But we're really here. I'm really leaving. I'm really bringing my son home.

We will finally be a family of five. Praise God!

2 comments:

  1. Hoping and praying that clearance comes quickly! Can't wait for you to hold him and love on him. These weeks with him will be incredible bonding time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That almost last sentence of, we are here, I'm really leaving, I'm really bringing my son home, gave me chills! You are constantly in my prayers and I'm so happy that it is time to bring your son home!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. All comments are moderated (because I won't post it if you aren't kind), so it may take a little while for your comment to appear.