Pages

Saturday, August 27, 2011

SUBMITTED!!!

Just a quick update on what's going on with us these days! We were submitted to the Embassy this week! That was really really good news because it means they'll actually start working on our case (hopefully) soon.  It means if all goes well, I really might only need to be in Ethiopia two weeks or so.  Of course there are no guarantees about anything so I could still be there lots longer.  But being submitted this early was wonderful!!

Not much else is up with us. I'm trying to get ready for the trip, trying to get the house ready to add a one year-old! We visited with my sister-in-law, my nephews, and my niece this week and had an awesome time.  I love those kids so much. I don't know how I got such great nephews and such a sweet niece!! Love them!

I thought the wait might get easier after I bought a plane ticket to Ethiopia. I was wrong. It's still hard to wait. I wonder every day what he's doing. As I think about what to pack for our trip my heart hurts because it still seems so far away.  And I still have no idea when we'll finally be able to come back home and join the rest of the family.

But time is moving by pretty quickly. Some close friends of ours got married this weekend. Rob got to do the wedding and the kids were in it. It was a wonderful day! And next week we'll be in full-swing fall with dance classes, soccer practice, and the preschool "tea parties."  I'm glad for lots of activities to keep me busy!

3 comments:

  1. We leave in 15 days, right?! Time does seem to be dragging along, but we will get there!!! Can't wait! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! That is so exciting. You will be home before you know it!!
    We are another Gladney family that just received our referral...I'm already getting antsy to get our baby home- I can't imagine how patient you've been and how excited you must be!

    Good luck getting ready!

    Kim
    Kimberlyfrancis@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. All comments are moderated (because I won't post it if you aren't kind), so it may take a little while for your comment to appear.