Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

What we expected...

We did not get an opinion from MOWA last night. It is exactly what we expected but I can't help feeling sad about it.  My heart hurt as I read the words "the courts did not receive a MOWCYA opinion today regarding your adoption."

So... from here we just continue to pray. We still appear for court in Ethiopia on the 21st.  If MOWA issues a favorable opinion for us before we go to court, the judge can finalize our adoption that day (oh how I pray this is what happens).  If not, we pray that an opinion is issued before the court closes for the rainy season and that there's enough time for the judge to approve our adoption before they close.

If none of that happens, we continue to wait.  If we don't finalize our adoption in Ethiopia before they close court, we have to wait till October for the court to re-open. Then we wait in October to hear that our adoption's been finalized and THEN we can start the process to bring our little one home.

Thank you so much to all of you for your prayers last night. They were heard. We did not get an opinion today but we know MOWA is working hard to process all the adoption cases and we know our prayers are not in vain.


On a positive note: our local (and some not-so-local) friends are amazing! We've been collecting diapers, wipes, and hand sanitizer to bring with us to Ethiopia as humanitarian aid and the response has been incredible! I can't wait to post a picture of all the stuff! It's still coming in!

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear it... will keep praying for you. I have some stuff I want to send you. Will you email me your address again??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let Go and Let God....I'm not very good at it, but I hear it does really work! :-)
    love & big hugs comin' your way...
    -auntie-

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry MOWA didn't issue an opinion. There is still time before rainy season - hoping and praying with you.

    I am excited for you as you get ready to go meet your little one! I look forward to hearing all about your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoping you get a favorable opinion SOON!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. All comments are moderated (because I won't post it if you aren't kind), so it may take a little while for your comment to appear.