Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2011

MOWA Hearing Tonight!

Tonight while we sleep, the Ministry of Women's Affairs (MOWA for short) is supposed to issue their opinion on our adoption to the federal court.  Our adoption cannot be finalized in Ethiopia without a favorable opinion from MOWA.

I didn't think I'd be nervous but I am.

I keep telling people that it hasn't really sunk in that we're really going to Ethiopia, that we're really going to meet our little guy, that we're really going to have our chance to tell a judge how much we want him to be a part of our family.

But knowing that this VERY important part of our adoption may happen tonight certainly feels very real.

We're praying against the odds tonight. MOWA has been backlogged with lots of cases and it is entirely likely that they haven't gotten to us yet and won't issue an opinion at all.  Or they could ask for more information/documentation and not issue a favorable opinion.

I'm not sure how much sleep I'll get tonight!
 

3 comments:

  1. SO eager to hear what happened!!! Praying for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I'm praying during waking hours....and I hope I'm also praying during sleeping hours.....love you!
    -auntie-

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. All comments are moderated (because I won't post it if you aren't kind), so it may take a little while for your comment to appear.