Pages

Saturday, July 16, 2011

And the winner is...

We're a cloth diaper family and I never imagined a big ol' stack of "sposies" would make me so happy! 
We've been collecting diapers, wipes, and hand sanitizer donations for the past two weeks and our MOUNTAIN of donations is truly amazing!  We set a goal of bringing 200 pounds of humanitarian aid (which is 4 suitcases) and not only will we be bringing 250 pounds (5 suitcases!)  BUT we have enough still here to be able to bring at least two more suitcases full on our next trip!  Y'all rock!  This is the entire stack - nothing is on a chair - it reached up to my shoulders!!!  Thank you so much!!!

And just to sweeten the deal a little bit, I did a little raffle for all donors to win a personalized key fob, like these:

Before I tell you who wins... I will be doing a fundraiser when we return from Ethiopia making these so don't you worry, you'll have a chance to have one no matter what! :)

And since we had SO many wonderful people participate, I decided to pick TWO winners. I'm in charge. I get to change the rules like that! heh.

So I know you're wondering.... who is the winner?  Well ...(drum roll please....)

The winners are...

SHARON B.  My co-worker at HPRHS!  She's not working today so I just left her a message on her voicemail at work!


AMY M. - My new pool friend who's little boy will be in Allyn's class this fall!!! Hooray!

I'll get in touch with y'all as soon as we're back to pick colors, decide on personalization, etc.

And I really need to do a special shout-out to the folks at Friendly Avenue Christian School. They incorporated this as part of their VBS and sent home a GIANT plastic storage container full of diapers & wipes.  What an awesome place for kids to learn!  Thank you!!!

If you're still reading... please pray for us this week! Pray for all of our hearts. Mine is scattered right now. I hate leaving my sweet Allyn behind. I've been trying to soak up every bit of her this past week, knowing I won't see her for 8 days.  And pray for Riley as he meets a new little brother that isn't coming home with us. Pray for understanding for him as he gets to know Ethiopia.  Please pray for Rob and for me, as we meet this child that we already love so much, not knowing when we will finally get to bring him home.  Pray for little "A"s heart, because his little world is about to be turned upside down as this adoption goes through.  And pray that we get a favorable opinion from MOWA before they close for the rainy season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. All comments are moderated (because I won't post it if you aren't kind), so it may take a little while for your comment to appear.