Pages

Sunday, January 23, 2011

What I want to say...

What I want to say is I don't like this. I'm having a hard time with the delay right now. I want to tell y'all that this is too hard, it's not fair, I don't understand. I want to stamp my feet and yell.  Instead of being giddy wondering if my phone will ring with a referral this month, I know instead that no call is coming for now. And don't know how long "for now" will be. This sucks.

That's what I want to say.

But I'm not going to say all that. :)  A couple of truly awesome things have happened this month so I'm going to talk about those things instead!

First, our sweet friends from www.bloggingwoggle.blogspot.com came through town on their way to visit family! We cooked an Ethiopian dinner and just sat around chatting waaaayyy too late into the night!  I can't tell you how wonderful it was to connect with another family in the same phase of the adoption as we are. The internet is a funny thing... we "met" because of our blogs. It's kinda funny to have friends you met on the internet! But I'm so glad they've become a part of our lives!

Next, my wonderful friend Susan surprised me with the coolest gift! She's been planning this for a long time but her timing was perfect! Right when I was feeling really down about adoption stuff, she shows up with this necklace:

It's a real Ethiopian stamp made into a necklace! I love it! And it has a really pretty design on the back. One of her friends makes all kinds of cool stuff with stamps and when Susan saw her stuff, she thought it would be cool to do an Ethiopian one! It was so thoughtful!  She's the best. You really should meet her, if you haven't already :)

AND... the best part is that she gave her friend quite a few MORE Ethiopian stamps! So if you want one, check out her friend's etsy shop!  I don't think she has any more already made right now, but you can request it as a custom item!

And lastly, Riley is really "getting it" when it comes to caring about what's going on in the rest of the world. He's heard us talk about Africa most of his life - Rob went for the first time just before Riley turned two.  But recently, he's been understanding more. He loves to watch our videos from when we were in Africa and recently noticed that none of the kids were wearing shoes. He was surprised when I explained to him that they don't have shoes.  Some friends of ours from church are going to India in March and they shared a little bit about their trip with the kids at church on Wednesday night. Ever since, Riley keeps talking about how there are people with no clean water in India.

The other night, this was his prayer (all on his own:)

Dear God,
Please help the orphans in Africa who are sick to feel better. Please help the people in India who only have dirty water to drink have clean water. Please help the whales who have to drink dirty water not get sick. Amen.

(okay, I have no clue where the whale part came from but it was hard not to start giggling while he prayed!)

Then he says "Oh I forgot one thing!  Please help Wills' parents help the people of India learn about Jesus. Amen."

So yes, I want to complain and be frustrated.  But instead I'll praise God for wonderful friends, old and new, and for the eyes of my children, who are seeing right into my heart.

"Blessed be Your name
On the road marked with suffering
Though there's pain in the offering
Blessed be Your name."

3 comments:

  1. It is hard to be so much on edge, but some good is coming out of it, I am proud of you and Rob It will happen.
    Love Grampa Kip

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have I mentioned ever that I love your kids! Please help those whales! :) I'm sorry you're having such a hard time. Know that you are in my prayers. I love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just remember .... today you are one day closer to holding your new son than you were yesterday. And...know you are helping others with sharing your heart so beautifully!
    love & hugs,
    -auntie-

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. All comments are moderated (because I won't post it if you aren't kind), so it may take a little while for your comment to appear.