Pages

Monday, December 27, 2010

Stats update

I'll post something more meaningful later this week when we officially hit the 8 month mark of waiting on the 30th. But for now, here are our latest "stats"

On the VERY unofficial wait list, we are next for a boy 13-18 months, #2 for a boy 8-18 months.

HOWEVER... we got our monthly update from our caseworker for December and the average wait times have increased again. So as of now, the average wait time for a child under 12 months is 9 1/2 months and the average wait for a child 13 months or older is 9 months. sigh. And the overall time frame from referral to actually bringing the child home has gotten longer. Now it's looking like it'll be closer to 6 months before we'll get to bring him home once we do get our referral.

With all the craziness of Christmas and houseguests and cooking I really did great with waiting over the past few weeks. I have convinced myself our referral is NOT coming in 2010.

But my heart still beats faster every time I think about him or talk about our adoption. I am so ready to not be waiting anymore.

On a positive note, my Christmas sewing fundraiser was a great big success! Thank you so much to all of you who purchased something from us! Once everyone sends their payments in, we will have raised over $1300 towards our adoption!!! That should cover the cost of one of our round-trip plane tickets to Ethiopia! How awesome is that!?!?!?  What's even more awesome is that now I can relax & enjoy my kiddos again without sewing every free moment! ha ha!

2 comments:

  1. When I read your blog I swear I can feel your new son's heartbeat - he's 'working his way' home....hang in there and keep smiling!
    -auntie-

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been trying to put together all the increase wait times myself -- and I'm on the same page as you. what is up with the 6 months wait between referral and actually coming home????

    uugghh.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. All comments are moderated (because I won't post it if you aren't kind), so it may take a little while for your comment to appear.