Pages

Friday, November 12, 2010

Spoiled...

It's 11:30 at night and I have to leave for work at 6:15 tomorrow morning so this is going to be short & sweet. I have LOTS that I want to blog about and I promise I will actually write something thoughtful this week.

But for now... I just have to tell y'all that I am spoiled rotten. I have no idea how in the world I wound up with such a wonderful family, such amazing friends, and such a great church family.  God is so good!

Here are the highlights of my day yesterday:

1. It was my birthday. I never tell anyone when my birthday is - I hate attention. But I want to brag on my husband so I'm not only going to admit I had a birthday, I'm even willing to tell y'all how old I am! (remind me to tell y'all someday about how my daughter ratted me out at the fundraiser 10 minutes before we were going to leave!!)
Look what I woke up to:
My sweet husband BAKED me a birthday cake and decorated it himself (he even got out my fancy cake decorating tools!)

2. Our fundraiser - It was like having our own Chick-Fil-A party! My dad was in town so he got to be there and we had friends in & out all night long! I won't know the total of how much we raised, but I know we came home with a quite a bit of cash (which leads me to #3)

3. I'm not going to say her name but one of my friends humbled me beyond belief yesterday. She had wanted to be part of our Both Hands project but has been super crazy at work. I didn't even think twice about it - just figured she'd been busy and it wasn't a big deal. She came to our Chick Fil A fundraiser with money she had raised from her family and friends and then she & her husband MATCHED the amount they raised. Amazing.  God is showing me so much about how to be selfless - I'm surrounded by some great teachers.

I went to bed feeling spoiled (not in a bad way, I mean just really really loved!) I had prayed a few months ago that I would stop focusing on the money we "needed" to raise. If adopting our next child completely wipes out our bank account, then so be it. We are not on this earth to hoard our money.  But I have been completely overwhelmed at how many people have a heart for orphans and want to be part of bringing one home to a forever family.

Latest update? Still #5 for a boy but we are #15 overall on that unofficial wait list! It's starting to feel close!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad we could be a part of your journey!!! I love you sharing! And, Happy belated birthday!!! I'm 32 too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one fantastic looking cake! Good job Rob!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. All comments are moderated (because I won't post it if you aren't kind), so it may take a little while for your comment to appear.