Pages

Thursday, September 9, 2010

One of those days!

Ever have one of those days where everything goes wrong? I had one of those today. And by 2:30 I thought I was possibly having the worst day I'd ever had.  I even called Rob and begged him to come home early from work.  It was after that when Allyn took her diaper off and pooped in her crib and THEN I found out that the shelter I'd reserved for the kids' joint birthday party for tomorrow had been given away yesterday. There was some kind of miscommunication and we were the unlucky ones.

What I want to do is cry. I want to say "poor me" and feel sorry for myself. It's been an incredibly stressful day for me today. I want to stamp my feet and then bury my head in the sand.

But instead I will CHOOSE how I want to respond to today. Well, let me be honest: first I'm shedding some tears and having a very tiny pity party (and maybe I'll admit to throwing my dustbuster). But THEN I will take a deep breath, and remember what life is really all about. Today was hard, but I have friends and family who love me and are there for me (and offered to come clean my house for me!!).  I got stressed out today, but I have access to clean water. My children have warm clothes and access to schools.  And, most importantly, I have a Savior who is bigger than all of this.

He is bigger than Riley's GIANT double ear-infection that caused me to rush to the pediatrican today.
He is bigger than the four different shirts (and hence, four different trips to Target) I had to buy in order to make Riley a birthday shirt because I kept messing it up in one way or another.
He is bigger than all my loads of laundry.
He is bigger than poop smeared on Allyn's favorite blanket (she managed to miss her loveys and I can't figure out how that was physically possible).
He is bigger than me. Life is not about me. It's about HIM. And I praise God for that!

And, thank God, I can start all over again tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so terribly sorry that your day was not amazing and instead all of those things decided to fall out of place. And I'm especially sorry for you losing the shelter you reserved for the birthday parties. I really hope you find something else and that their birthday parties go off without a hitch!
    But I'm super proud and amazed that you can turn around and see that they are all very small things in comparison to the big picture! I DEFINITELY need to work in that area and thank God that He placed such a great role model in my life! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. and thru it all, you bring joy and chuckles to your auntie all the way in Maine. love you hon!!! this too shall pass!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. All comments are moderated (because I won't post it if you aren't kind), so it may take a little while for your comment to appear.