Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Dear Little One....

Dear Little One,

There is so much on my heart today that I want to share with you. I'm hurting because I fear you are hurting or alone or hungry right now. And my arms reach out but they just can't reach to you. Yet.  It's hard to explain how it is that I love you already. I don't know your face, the shape of your eyes or how they brighten when you smile. But I dream of you all the same. I dreamed of you on Saturday night and for now I have to be content with holding you in my dreams. But we snuggled a lot that night :)

It breaks my heart to think of the losses you are going to suffer. You have probably already lost your birth mom and dad. And I bet they loved you a lot.  And I promise them that I will always take good care of you and I will love you just as they do. You will be mine but that doesn't make you any less theirs. We will always honor them in our house.

God loves you so much too. It isn't His plan for you to lose your birth parents. We live in a very messed up world and I just don't have the answers for why a lot of bad things happen.  But He still has a plan for you. When you lose your parents sometimes you are called an "orphan."  God tells us in the Bible "I will not leave you as orphans. I will come to you."  God is working hard right now to bring you home to our family. For some reason, it costs a lot to bring a baby from Ethiopia to the United States and God is already helping us to get all that money together so that you can come and be a part of our family.

We've started a fundraiser, too. I already have an incredible story and we haven't even really started yet! We have these good friends, K &S. They love you too. And S knew about the fundraiser we are going to do and so he started asking his friends to see if they wanted to be a part of it. In just a few short hours, he raised $1000 for you! The verse behind our fundraiser is James 1:27: "Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you." S didn't tell them that but one of the men who gave him some money just put the money in S's hand and said "James 1:27."  Mommy cried when K & S called us to tell us about it. We are hoping you will be home with us in time to go to their wedding. They are pretty amazing.

There are so many people here who are praying for you and are wanting to be a part of bringing you home.  It makes me realize that our "family" is really pretty big.  Mommy and Daddy had no idea just how blessed we are. We thought God was asking us to do a big thing by adopting a baby from Ethiopia but we had no idea just how much joy you would bring to our family... and you aren't even here yet.

We love you so very much. I so wish there was a way for me to tell you that. To hug you or hold your hand. I know that day is coming and I'm really trying to wait patiently for you. But my big secret is that I'm not waiting patiently at all. I simply cannot wait to hold you in my arms and introduce you to your brother and sister, who love you lots too!

Love,
    Mommy

3 comments:

  1. I cannot wait until your son gets to read this when he is all grown up! What a special journal he will have that will tell him all about the (patient) wait for him! This made me cry, but what's new? Love y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i already think you are the most amazing person i know but i like that i have letters like this to remind me. i feel so blessed to have you and your family in my life and i can't wait to meet the newest addition too. much love -kel

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love you. that's all. just wanted to say that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. All comments are moderated (because I won't post it if you aren't kind), so it may take a little while for your comment to appear.