Pages

Sunday, August 8, 2010

If only it were this easy...

I had to share this story!

Yesterday, I showed the kids the little blow-up travel pillow I used on the airplane on my trip to Africa. Riley tried it out & pretended to be asleep on an airplane. I asked him where he was flying to & he said "Africa."  When I said "Where in Africa?" he said "To Ethiopia to get our new baby"  He then hopped off the couch, announced that he was in Africa & crossed the room to go behind our big chair. He came back out holding his arms as if he were holding something & proudly presented "our baby in Africa" to me! He then brought him over to Rob and said "Whew! He's heavy."

 Someone is very ready for a little brother. Someone else is ready to be holding another son. I'm trying to be patient but most days it's pretty hard.  Moments like these with the kids I have in my arms now make it easier, though!

3 comments:

  1. That is the cutest story!! He is going to be a great big brother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a great story---thanks for sharing it! how fun for him to be "practicing" with his baby brother!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh shoot!! i meant to type that RILEY will be a great brother, not having a baby brother..don't post it:) well..you never know...could be a baby boy:) eithe way-i know he is excited!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. All comments are moderated (because I won't post it if you aren't kind), so it may take a little while for your comment to appear.