Pages

Friday, July 16, 2010

What to do...

when your husband is in Africa? Lots, apparently! (warning, this is a total "fluff" update)

Rob left this morning for Swaziland. And what's international travel without a small panic moment, right? After I'd driven about 15 miles from the airport, I got a call on my cell phone from a number I don't recognize. I almost didn't answer it but since Rob is traveling I decide to answer. Thank goodness I did! He had left his cell phone in my car AND when he got to the check-in line they told him his seat was reserved but never paid for! Ugh! But luckily I was able to call the Heart for Africa folks & they got it worked out before I even made it back to the airport to deliver Rob's phone!  It was a pain but it was kind of nice to get to go back & see him again quickly before he left!  I think he spent the entire time waiting outside for me freaking out a little... when I got there, the first thing he said was "you couldn't get her on the phone, could you?" And I was very glad to be able to tell him it was all already worked out! :)

And since he's been gone, I've been a cleaning freak! I wanted to clean our bedroom really well since I'm going to offer my mother-in-law to sleep in there while I'm away. Somehow in the process of cleaning, I decided to change all the furniture around! I'm not sure I like it but I don't care - it's fun to have a change.  I think I just won't tell Rob & let him find out when he gets home.  I also cleaned out the entire linen closet (which is where all our medicines & stuff are - definitely found some stuff that expired back in 2004! yuck).  Then I proceeded to head outside & let the kids play while I cleaned up the front porch & swept off all the dead grass clippings & stuff. That's a tougher job than you think.

So now it's 9 pm, I am still really dirty & gross but the kids are clean & in bed. And I have the rest of the night to keep cleaning! I figure I might as well keep the streak going while I can!

Anyway... I am considering this practice for those 3-6 weeks in between the 2 Ethiopian trips. I'm already planning to do some painting around the house during that time.  Maybe this is the adoption version of nesting? I never "nested" with either of my biological kids but there's a first for everything, right?

1 comment:

  1. I think it's a great idea to not tell Rob that you moved the furniture! The best part is that by the time he comes home, you'll have forgotten that you moved it without telling him! :)

    I'm glad to hear that you're nesting in preparation for your mother-in-law. That kind of nesting makes up for the lack of nesting with two biological children, last time I checked!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. All comments are moderated (because I won't post it if you aren't kind), so it may take a little while for your comment to appear.