Pages

Friday, March 19, 2010

We are officially NOT criminals!

HOORAY!

Okay, I'm not really celebrating the fact that Rob & I are not criminals.  That was not actually the surprise. But the surprise I found at 10:45 tonight was a Fed Ex envelope sitting on the front porch... our FBI clearances have come back! YAY YAY YAY! It only took 9 weeks! :)

And I got an email last week saying that our homestudy was sitting on the approval manager's desk at Gladney. So I've been stalking my email waiting to hear from them to hear that we're Gladney approved and that our homestudy is officially done.

Once that happens, I can send our completed homestudy to Citizenship & Immigration (CIS) and we'll just be waiting on our CIS clearance (which could take up to 90 days... but I"m not focusing on that part right now)

All of our documents for our dossier have been submitted (with the exception of FBI & CIS clearances but I'll be sending the FBI paperwork this week).

What does all that mean? Once we get CIS clearance & our dossier is submitted we go on the waiting list!

Yes, I'm a total nerd for being so excited to get four pieces of paper from the US Government... but it is one step closer to wrapping my arms around "our baby in Africa" (as Riley calls him).

Thank you God for this one baby step closer... and please have someone kiss our little one an extra time today!

2 comments:

  1. That is so exciting! It's amazing the way God is working for y'all! We will keep praying for your family-- including your "baby in Africa"!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Things are moving right along! I am so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. All comments are moderated (because I won't post it if you aren't kind), so it may take a little while for your comment to appear.