Pages

Thursday, December 10, 2009

spinning....

I just got off the phone with the Edna Gladney rep to do our phone orientation for adoption and my head is SPINNING! I'm not really daunted by all the forms we have to fill out - I can fill out forms but it's all the official copies of everything that we'll need that scares me. The basic info form we have to fax in in order for them to send us the application has us list all the states where we were born, married, and currently live. That's four different states for us... and then it says that they'll send us the state gov't contact info so that we can authenticate each thing! We'll have to request info from MA, SC, TX, and SC just to prove we were born, we're married, and where we live now! Whew! And that's just for the application. I also just got off the US Gov't immigration website to print of the I-600A form that we need to complete... we'll have to be FBI fingerprinted and everything. Whew

This is so different from just getting pregnant that it almost seems surreal. But at the end of all this paperwork is a child and that makes it all worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. All comments are moderated (because I won't post it if you aren't kind), so it may take a little while for your comment to appear.