Pages

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

And so it begins...

I've known I wanted to start a blog when we started the adoption process just so I could have a place to keep everyone updated and share our experiences with family & friends but I'm shocked that I'm already here! We haven't started anything official yet but I just requested our first round of paperwork from Edna Gladney so that we can do the preliminary stuff in order to formally apply for adoption. Wow. I find it funny that the adoption process, which requires a ridiculous amount of paperwork, has paperwork to complete before you can even fill out an application. A sign of what the next year will be full of, right? Whew!

Right now I have the same feelings I had when I learned I was pregnant with Allyn... excitement, nervousness, guilt ('cause my kids will have to share their parents with yet another child). I think because I felt all this before it doesn't scare me quite as much because I see how wonderful it was to add a child to our family last time. The thought of three kids freaks me out just a little but if my sister-in-law can wrangle four and still have a clean house surely I can manage three in our sometimes-clean house! :)

When I spoke with the representative from Gladney this morning she said that the wait time for a child between the ages of 1-2 is about 4-5 months. That means it'll take us about 8 months to do all our paperwork and then once our dossier is in, it's only 4-5 months of waiting from there making the entire process take about a year. One year.... longer than a pregnancy but not all that long. We were anticipating a 12-18 month process but since we don't want a child under 12 months that makes it a little shorter for us.

Thanks for reading... I'm sure I won't have much updating to do in the beginning but check back sometime in the months to come to see how everything's going!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. All comments are moderated (because I won't post it if you aren't kind), so it may take a little while for your comment to appear.